Do you have a website that has been built more than five years ago or even longer? Is the technology your site built on is out-of-date? May be it is time to consider giving it a renovation.
Website modernization is not just about giving it a fresh and nice looks, it is about improving the total user experience. The followings may be some of the benefits you can get from a website renovation:
- Adding new functions. Many new, fancy functions are only introduced and became popular recently, for example, to support Geolocation or allow for offline browsing. Some of the functions may be hard to implement with old technologies.
- Security enhancement. New technologies implement more robust and resilient security frameworks which are less vulnerable to attacks.
- Reliability improvement. New technologies have more robust infrastructure which are less frequently crashed.
- Scalability enhancement. If your website becomes noticeably slow when more users are hitting the site then you have scalability issues.
- Usability enhancement. Your old websites are likely designed to target for viewing on desktop computers with fixed, larger screen size. It becomes hard to navigate when it comes to viewing on mobile or hand-held devices.
- Fixing design flaws. Many old techniques used to code webpages do not compliant with HTML standards. This results in pages not being rendered properly among different browsers.